Make Your Dream a Reality

Leslie pets the cheetah in Namibia
Today, I am writing to you from Namibia. Here is a picture of me petting a cheetah (only because she was eating. LOL!).

(What do you think? Let me know...I will be posting a picture a day from this trip on my Facebook page, starting today. Are you following me there? If not, click here to join: www.facebook.com/leslieethorne

Visiting Africa is a dream come true. My father and I used to talk about taking such a trip years ago...but we never did.

Now that dream has become a reality...with my husband.

How many dreams do you talk about, think about, fantasize about? But never do anything about.

Even baby steps can lead to making your dream a reality.

You can start with a bucket list. Have you made a list of all those things you would like to do while you are here on this earth?
Bungee jump?
Skydive?
Learn to fly?
(Can you tell I am writing this from a small plane?!)
Go to the moon?
Hold your first grandbaby?
Watch a pig being born? (don't know where I got that one)
Travel to Africa?

Things on your bucket list don't have to cost any money. Or they can cost a lot of money.

Please start by making a list of things you would like to do or experience. That is your bucket list. It doesn't have to look like anyone else's.

Then ask yourself: What can I do THIS YEAR to make just one of them come true?

Maybe it is something easy to do that you have put off. For me, that was swing dancing at the Winter Garden at the World Trade Center before 9/11. After that horrible attack, I asked myself what was I waiting for? And I vowed to start outdoor swing dancing in New York, which I did and enjoyed for many years. But it shouldn't have to take a tragedy to impel one into action.

So do that thing you've always wanted to do, but never made the time for it.

Or, if you want to do something that costs a lot of money and you don't have the means to do it right now, start small. Pick something you really want to do and make your mind up to set aside $10 a week towards that goal or $10 a month or $10 a day. Open a new account and call it your "Adventure Fund" and watch your money compound there.

The point is...you CAN do something today to make your dreams come true. You just have to decide...and then take those small steps to make them a reality! 

 *See* you over on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment